Monday, December 22, 2008
Dear Santa, the following is a Christmas wish list for the 211th MPAD:
Major Daneker: At least one more football season with Brett Favre.
1st Sergeant Martinez: Accountability and cooperation from all his soldiers.
1st Lt. Sarratt: Promotion to Captain, "Captain Sarratt", I like the sound of that.
1st Lt. Almodovar: Grace and peace throughout the year.
2nd Lt. Douglas: A P.T. test each month.
SFC Quebec: One da kine li dat.
SFC Burke: At least 15 pounds.
SSG Burrell: Women plural, alot of women. (He really needs them)
SSG Ford: For everyone to stay out of his business.
SGT Zoeller: A break.
SGT Taylor: Women plural, alot of women. (He really needs them)
SGT Risner: Inspiration for many original songs.
SGT Heise: A lifetime supply of Diet Coke.
SPC Logue: Promotion to Sergeant.
SPC Anderson: A lifetime supply of pop-tarts.
SPC Soles: 5% minoxodil
SPC Alperin: Shave and a haircut, two bits.
PFC Johnson: A Rutgers victory in their bowl game.
Mele Kalikimaka to all,
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
While I do miss the surf, the 211th MPAD and all its character and characters is an ample substitute.
The "Specialist Mafia" continues to operate incognito and subversively underground. The league of the ShamShield is an everpresent force. Watch your back!
The NCO core has its place here too. The Sergeants are truely the keepers of their brothers and the finders of lost souls. And they will strike down upon thee with great vengance and furious anger those who attempt to destroy their brothers. And you will know that they are the keepers and protectors of their brothers when they lay their their vengance upon you. Be afraid, be very afraid.
The Officers. I absolutely believe they have all of our best interests at heart. Proactive and genuinely concerned, they'll make your dreams come true. It takes a special person to be an Officer in the 211th. And our officers are special people. Just ask any one of them, they'll tell you.
The 211th MPAD is great.
The 211th MPAD is fun.
The 211th MPAD should be experienced by everyone.
Be cool, take care, brush your teeth and comb your hair.
Monday, December 8, 2008
I'm required to blog , so here I go.
On Saturday we trained on the Sked
And yesterday everyone bled.
Now the 211th is CLS certified
If I say it was easy, you'd know I lied.
Army training, preparing for Iraq
That's all for now, but I'll hit you back.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
10: G.C.B.G. The fabulous food at the Golden Corral Buffet and Grill
9: E-Z: The outstanding accomadations at the E-Z Travel Inn
8: NORTHGATE: The hopping and happening clubs and bars next to the Texas A&M campus.
7. AGGIES: What the *!#%@? is an Aggie?
6. THE WEATHER: It's a balmy tropical paradise.
5. THE SCENERY: No beaches, no mountains, no trees, no rivers, no lakes. It's absolutely gorgeous.
4. SHOPPING: K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target- The possibilities are are unlimited.
3. ENTERTAINMENT: Broadway quality plays, Parades that rival the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Concerts, and a world class golf course are just a few of the entertainment values.
2. THE PEOPLE: Just ask any local resident- they will tell you, "Texas is the best country on earth." Good old fashioned southern hospitality.
1. Hands down the number 1 reason this is a great place to be: The 211th MPAD
Monday, December 1, 2008
1. Major Daneker- Whenever responding to our commander, remember this: There are many wrong answers. But there is always a correct answer. That correct answer is: Brett Favre
2. 1st Sgt. Martinez- A man of wisdom who once said, "When you make the right decions for the right reasons, things usually work out."
3. 1st Lt. Sarratt- "A combat veteran."
4. 1st Lt. Almodovar- Our humble, quiet, yet effective team leader of 1st squad.
5. 2nd Lt. Douglas- P.T. Warrior
6. SFC Quebec- "It is incumbent upon youuuu" to listen to SFC Quebec.
7. SFC Burke- Will provide the 211th with a nutritional breakfast which consitsts of...... doughnuts.
8. SSG Burrell- Enjoys a night on the town. Just ask the ladies (and gentlemen) of College Station.
9. SSG Ford- Staff Sergeant Ford is as cool as the other side of the pillow.
10. Sgt. Taylor- Has no skeletons in his closet. Possibly fritos in his molars.
11. Sgt. Zoeller- A good man to have on your side. He'll make sure you get paid.
12. Sgt. Risner- Crazy magazine head guy is actually crazy guitar hand guy. He's got a guitar stuck in his hands and he takes requests.
13. Sgt. Heise- Doesn't have a bad bone in her body. But, she does have a Diet Coke in her hand.
14. SPC Logue- Likes the San Antonio Spurs, but understands the Los Angeles Lakers are better.
15. SPC Alperin- There is not enough space on this blog (or adjectives in the dictionary) to give Specialist Alperin the attention he deserves.
16. SPC Anderson- Her hand is up, and she has a question or a comment.
17. SPC Mitchell- He will carry the guide on, just don't let him take off his boots.
18. PFC Johnson- Jersey Girl